Saturday, October 31, 2015

Freebie: Happy Hallowe'en

Okay, so I realize that Hallowe'en has just minutes left before it is over but I at least managed to get your freebie done before midnight.  I'm sure all the little ghosts and ghoulies were home hours ago and spent their evening enveloped in a serious sugar high.  We had a whole 13 kids show up at the door.  Not many, but twice the number we had last year.  At least it wasn't raining and freezing tonight only just a little drizzle.

While I am aware that some of you do not celebrate Hallowe'en, it has always been one of my favourite occasions.  Did you know that the word Hallowe'en dates back to around 1745 and is of Christian origin?  The word "Halloween" means "hallowed evening" or "holy evening" and it comes from a Scottish term for All Hallows' Eve (the evening before All Hallows' Day) (Wikepedia).

There is so much history wrapped up into Hallowe'en and maybe next year I will have time to share some of it with you.   For now, there is just five minutes to go before it is midnight and I still have to get one more post ready to come out for tomorrow morning.  Unfortunately it doesn't appear that I am going to get one of my DT posts done that technically should have come out by the end of the month as well.  Hopefully I won't be fired.  Well...on that happy note, it is time for me to get on with it.

Anyway, here is the preview to today's freebie...


This digital paper is 3600 x 3600 pixels, in jpg format and published at 300 dpi. I've used resources from Scraps Statchoo, and Rita from the fabulous The Coffee Shop BlogFull credits in the file.  To grab it, click the download button to be taken to a download location.  In the zip folder you will find a copy of the paper, its preview sheet, the full credit information and my terms of use which are standard to all my folders.

I'll see you all again tomorrow with my midway project for Scribbles Designs.  Plus it is time for the DT Delight's post for The Path of Positivity and the newest challenge at The 12 Months of Christmas.

Until then,


2 comments:

susan said...

Thank you very much!

Lisa Lynn said...

Thanks Lisa. I didn't have any trick or treaters this year.