Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Card Design: Imagine That...Shar-Pei Puppy


Hello everyone.  I'm here today to present my second Imagine That! Digis by Kris project for June.  However, before I get to it I just wanted to share some of what has been happening over at the Imagine That! blog these past few weeks.

New Sets in the Store

  • If you missed it, Kris released a wonderful selection of yummy treats on June 1st containing five new images sets plus a paper set.  There is even a new set from her daughter Carly.  To check out the great sets that were part of the release, click HERE to find my original post. 
  • Kris didn't stop with the ice cream sets, here are a couple more new sets now available in the store.  These ones are perfect for celebrating the men in our lives...

http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p635/Humphrey%27s_Ties.html

http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p636/Humphrey%27s_Rowboat.html
  • If you know someone out there that loves tea, then receiving a card with images from one of these sets would be totally tea-rific!


  • There is also one new image set and two new sets of paper available now, purrfect for honouring the cat and dog lovers in your lives.  These are the sets that I was inspired by for my card today.

http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p644/Cat_Pack_-_Digi_Papers.html

http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p643/My_Dog_is_Pawsome_-_Digi_Papers.html


$1 Bin

  • While you are at the store, be sure to check out the Dollar Bin. There you will find these great ice cream themed mini sets (coloured versions only) priced from $1 - $1.99.  Great value any day of the week!
http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/c324/%2A%2A%2ADollar_Bin%2A%2A%2A.html


Free Stuff

  • Right now Kris has an image in the store that you can get for free called Chatty Kathy. It was one of the first digis she ever created and it was inspired by her sister.  There isn't a watermark for the image so just click HERE or on the name to find it in the store.


Well that is what is new and exciting over at Imagine That!  Of course we still have our June challenges going on and you can find the links you need at the bottom of this post.  Right now, it is time to check out my latest project...


My Creation

General Info:
  • This card has been created 100% digitally and then printed and assembled.
  • Today I'm showcasing a sort of 'thinking of you/feel better soon' kind of card.  A good friend of mind has had a setback with her health and I am hoping that this card might cheer her a little.

FRONT
Digital Image Details:  
  • Shar-Pei Party: This puppy is just so adorable.  As usual, I've chosen to work with the coloured version for this project.  While this set is basically birthday themed, the versatility of the way Kris offers things allows you to use the images separately.  Since I wanted to focus on the words 'ruff' and 'heal' in my sentiments, the fact that I could use the puppy all on its own was perfect.  Click on the watermark above (under the new sets in the store section) in order to find this image in the store.
Digital Embellishments:
  • The tag shape is created from a template designed by Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper.  I have paper pieced it with one of the papers from the My Dog is Paw-Some digital paper pack mentioned aboveClick on the watermark above (under the new sets in the store section) in order to find this image in the store.
  • The washi tapes are also created from templates designed by Marisa Lerin.  The top and bottom one have also been paper pieced with one of the papers from the My Dog is Paw-Some set.  The one in the middle has just been coloured with a complimentary solid colour to make sure that the writing showed up.

INSIDE

Digital Embellishments:
  • I took the same tag shape and simply used the colour from the front.  I was going to do a white on green but decided the green on green actually looked kind of cool, especially with the shadow.


OVERALL
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • Both of these sentiments were created by me.
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Digital Paper Products:
  • The background was created with a paper from the Cat Pack.  Click on the watermark above (under the new sets in the store section) in order to find this image in the store.
Challenges I am hoping to enter... 


  Don't Forget to Check out the IT Challenges...
Don't forget that there are two different ways you can link up over on the Imagine That blog.


D.O.T.M. Challenge Click on the image on the left for the current Stamp of the Month Challenge! The challenge has just passed the midway point so you have plenty of time to enter.
  

Click on the right image for the current use ANY IT! digi challenge!  This challenge is now simply a link up for any creation made with an IT image.  A draw will be made after every 10 submissions.



Well folks, as usual it is another busy day for me. So I am going to go and get some more work done and hopefully see you all again soon!

Until then,

2 comments:

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, This card is so cute. That puppy makes me think of my cousins baby English Bulldog several years ago. I love that the puppy is soft and cuddly looking. You did a great job my friend. Edwina Brown

Pat said...

LOL, love the punny sentiment on your card!