Monday, June 01, 2015

Bookmark Design: Imagine That...I Scream for Ice Cream New Release


There is a new release going on today over at the Imagine That! Digis by Kris blog and it is a rather yummy one!  Kris has whipped up a number of tasty treats to get your taste-buds ready for the summer weather ahead.

 Check them all out...

***Digis of the month for the June Challenge***
http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/index.html

Purchase any of the above sets and you'll receive the Ice Cream Sentiments set for FREE!

Even Kris' daughter Carly is getting in on the new release action with this cute set.
Ice Cream Maddy is part of the Carly's CutiesTM line.

There is also a great new set of matching papers!

Just click on any of the names above the watermarks to find their location in the store.

General Info: 
  • I thought it would be fun to create another magnetic bookmark!  I don't know about you but my bookmarks have a tendency to fall out.  Magnetic bookmarks are great for ensuring that your book page stays marked.
  • Now, while it took some thinking figuring out how I was going to make ice cream and reading go together, I think I pulled it off.

FRONT of BOOKMARK
Digital Image Details: 
  • I've used images from the Ice Cream Treats set. This set is a real sweet treat!  Not only are there ready made treats and cones but there is also a 'build a cone' section featuring various tops and bottoms.  It even has a sprinkle overlay and a cherry for on top!
  • As usual, I've chosen to work with the coloured version for this project.  I used the square bottom cone, the 'strawberry' ice cream, and the sprinkles. Just click on the name above the Ice Cream Treats watermark shown in the top section, to find the location of this set in the store.
  • I've also used a public domain image for my strawberry on top of the cone.  This image was contributed to Pixabay by Nemo.
Digital Sentiment:
  • One I came up with.  You know me, I love a play on words.  I layered the sentiment on top of the cone and then used a layer style courtesy of Heather Green, HG Graphic Designs, on the word 'berry'.  It is a bit hard to see in the picture but the layer style actually has strawberries and blueberries in it.  I thought that was rather appropriate! 

INSIDE of BOOKMARK
Digital Sentiment:
  • The word 'enjoy' has also been altered with that same layer style mentioned above.  Since this word is a bit bigger, it is easier to see the actual berries.

OVERALL
Paper Products: 
  • Card, image and sentiment bases: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Digital Paper Products: 
  • I've used a paper from the brand new Ice Cream Parlour set showcased above, as an accent in behind the image. Just click on the same name in the top section, to find the location of this set in the store.
  • I've also used a paper from the Blossoms and Bugs set for the background of my bookmark.  Click on the watermark below, to find the location of this set in the store.
http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p79/Blossoms_%26_Bugs_Digi_Papers.html
Other Products: 
  • The magnets are CraftMedley brand purchased at the Dollar Tree and were cut from a larger sheet. 
Challenges I am hoping to enter... 

So, be sure to go and check out all the great new sets in the store.  Also...

Don't Forget to Check out the IT Challenges...
Don't forget that there are two different ways you can link up over on the Imagine That blog. 
 
D.O.T.M. Challenge Click on the image on the left for the current Stamp of the Month Challenge! The new challenge just started today so you have plenty of time to enter.
  

Click on the right image for the current use ANY IT! digi challenge!  This challenge is now simply a link up for any creation made with an IT image.  A draw will be made after every 10 submissions.
Well folks, it is a rather busy day for me.  The Scribbles Designs midway comes out later this morning and then it is time for the latest 12 Months of Christmas Challenge and the Path of Positivity challenge to get under way!  So I will see you all real soon!

Until then,

1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

Ooh yummy. Love the tuti fruity colours.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}