Monday, December 02, 2013

Card Design: December New Digis Over at Fresh Brewed Designs


A holly jolly day to all of you as I kick off this week with some holiday themed new releases over at Fresh Brewed Designs.  The Christmas spirit was prevalent in the Dennis household last week and the results are simply amazing.  Check out all the new images coming into the store TODAY!

Crabby Christmas Sign
 
Joy
 
Let It Snow Snowman

Sandy the Snowman

Snow

Snow What Fun

Snowman Noel
There is something for everyone in this selection.  I especially love Sandy the Snowman as an option for all the people who don't live in regions that get snow during the Christmas season.  And, isn't that Snow What Fun image, absolutely adorable?  There is a dressed up sentiment, Noel, and a placard you could use to send Christmas wishes from your family to another with the Crabby Christmas Sign.  More winter wishes can be sent out with Snow and the Let It Snow Snowman.  Finally, help someone bring in the new year with the wonderful Joy image.  Such a great selection of images to choose from, I am sure you will find something to fulfill your needs.

There is one more to add to the bunch, the one that I got to work with for my card.  So, let me introduce you to...
Angel Cake Christmas Sled
What would Christmas be like without at least one new image showcasing Fresh Brewed Designs' iconic Angel Cake?!  How can you not fall in love with that little sweetie pie?!  Today she is headed out to bring some presents to the local homeless shelter.  She can't do much herself, she is only one little angel, however, she can do her part to ensure that a few children are recognized this Christmas.  If you do your part too, all the children in the shelter will have a chance to experience a little bit of joy this season.

Here are the card and details.  I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

FRONT
Digital Image:
  • You'll be able to grab this or any of the new release images in the store today.
    • I've coloured this image with a combination of digital colouring and Copic markers.  Copics used include:  E000, E00, E02, R20 (skin); Y11, Y12, Y15 (hair); R22, R24, R29 (coat/scarf/mitts/muffs, & red bow); iridescent glitter glue (wings); C2, C5, C7 (boots/rope/sled); E23, E25 (brown bow).
    • Digital Credits:
      • Brushes:   cloud brushes are from Leboef
      • Layer Styles:  The glittery snow (although it is hard to see in the picture), the glitter ribbons on the presents, the dotted wrapping paper and the effect on the tree are all adapted using layer styles from Shelby Kate Schmitz of graphicssoft.about.com.
Digital Sentiment: 
  • The circular sentiment is from San's Design.  If it looks familiar, I have used this one, plus similar ones in the past.  It is from a freebie set, I got quite awhile ago that has really been useful.  It certainly won't be the last time I use it either.
Ribbon: 
  • The red ribbon is Crafts brand from Dollarama.
Embellishments: 
  • Both the metallic snowflake and the clear little plastic embellishements are from a stash I got from my momma so I have no idea what brand they are or where they came from.

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment: 
  • I added one of the sentiments I offered up last year as a Holiday Handout.  If you are new to my blog and interested in obtaining over 22 freebie images related to the Christmas season, just click on Holiday Handout in the label section and you should be able to find them all.

OVERALL 
Paper Products: 
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's card set, white, large.
  • Designer Paper:  
    • Both papers used are from Recollection's All Seasons Paper Pad.
    • The red cardstock used for matting is Michael's Recollection's Cardstock.
'Tis the season, and the holiday hoopla is about to begin...HEY WAIT...that reminds me.  Next Saturday, we want to you join us over at Fresh Brewed Designs for a special Holiday Hoopla Treasure Hunt.  We have some fun stuff planned so I hope that you will join us.

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my card and the latest digital images over at Fresh Brewed Designs.  I hope you have the chance to take some time for yourself, grab a cuppa and relax while browsing through the store.  Maybe one or two of them will find their way back home with you.  



At Fresh Brewed Designs we always have a fresh pot of creativity brewing. So stop by and join us for a cuppa whenever you want!




Until an hour from now,


6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Wonderful new release images. Lisa your card is gorgeous as always. So love the colouring and how you always finish the inside off with a lovely surprise.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Anonymous said...

Your card is adorable! Love it Lisa. Hugs~Patti

Edwina said...

Lisa, I love your card. That is such a cute image. Love those snowflakes you used. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I am here today reading this post and my heart just sank. In a good way. Thank you for blessing me with that. I do, truly, appreciate all of your words. You know what I am talking about. You made me tear up.
Whew.. ok, back to the card...

I LOVE everything you did with this! Her skirt looks dimensional, I love the tweed look of the coat. And the gifts as well. They look paper pieced.

The inside is exactly what was on the donation box at church (except mine said Christmas). Another little God note to me for sure.

Thank you, Thank you , Thank you!
I am feeling really blessed right now.

Sending big smiles,
Heather

Donna Ellis said...

Such a cute card, Lisa - a gift wrapped card full of love on the inside - all the digi images are cute - but this little girl's heart-shaped lips remind us that "what is in a person's heart is what will come out of their mouths" - darling colors, too, with great shading in the boots! I just have trouble with grays and blacks. Darling! hugs, de

Crafting Vicky said...

That's really fabulous just love this image and how you have showcased it!!!!