Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Card Design: Scribbles Designs Challenge # 9 Midway Point

It is time to present my midway card for the Scribbles Design Challenge blog.  There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this month is 'Pens, Pencils, Paper'.  That should give you lots of ideas and if you need any appropriate images, Sandy has a great new collection that falls right in this wheelhouse.
Entering is super simple:
  • You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice.  You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can find some free sentiments from Sandy's personal blog HERE.  You can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE.
  • Follow the theme of the challenge. 
  • Enter as many times as you'd like with an SD image.  If you aren't using an SD image you will be limited to three entries.
  • Combine your entry with other challenges.  
  • New projects/cards only - no back linking.  
You have until 9pm PST on October 14th to come over and play with us. Winners, chosen by Random.org, receive 3 digital images; additionally, there will be 1 digital image handed out for each of the Top 3, chosen by the Scribbles Designs Design Team and possibly some other goodies too.  

I had a chance to create a project to help provide you with a little extra inspiration.  Here are the card details.  I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

General Information:
  • Unfortunately, since I had to scan it, the scanner didn't pick up the lighter shade of the neutral grey I used which basically comes 1/3 of the way up the marker, right now it just looks like I made a thin outline.  Maybe I'll hold on to this card until we actually get the new camera so I can have a better picture for my collection 'cause this one %$#@*.
FRONT
Digital Image:
  • Markers:  It is actually kind of neat having an image of the markers I work with almost every single day.  Clicking on the watermark below will take you to its location in the store.
    • I created the stitching effect digitally.
    • It was also great having a close up model for colouring purposes.   Until I coloured in this image, I never realized that the end with the thinner brush is actually a darker colour than the opposite end.  Neat eh?  Okay, it was neat for me but it doesn't take much to awe me.  I coloured the Copic markers using Copic markers.  How profound is that?!  The base of the markers are coloured with the colourless blender, N0 and C1.  The darker end is done with C1, C3 and C5.  The colours I used for the cap ends and exposed nibs are Y13, Y15 Y17, R22, R24, R29 and B21, B24 & B29.
Other Details:
  • Okay, yes I know that the principles of design dictate that groupings should for the most part, appear in collections of odd numbers.  It certainly would have been better for the layout of pennants on the bottom.  However, since I was going with the concept of the colours of the rainbow and there are only six at last count, I had to just use six of them.  Hopefully it doesn't look too weird.

INSIDEDigital Sentiment:
  • I created the sentiment myself using a font in the middle line that was open so that I could fill it in.  See how well my brain worked for this one?  I ensured that the words in the middle were six letters in length each so that I could completely use all the colours of the rainbow, allowing there to be an esthetic balance.  Go me!
    • As is the case on the front,  I created the stitching effect digitally. 
    • Middle line coloured with Copic Markers: R24, YR04, Y17, G09, B24, V17 (at least I am pretty sure those are the colours I used). 

OVERALL 
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Card Kit, white, large.
  • Designer Paper:  
    • Striped DP used (front and inside) along with the different colours used as pennants are all Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.

Challenges I hope to enter:
I am hoping to enter some challenges later this week and/or month with a little help from a friend.

I and the team would love to see what you create, so if you haven't already, please enter into our current challenge.  Scribbles is always a fun place to be!

Until next time,




5 comments:

Sandy S said...

I can see the transition of greys! Turned out fabulous if you ask me... LOL... well, I guess you're not really asking! LOL
It is a sweet card and I do like the rainbow colors and works well even though it's not of the odd number design principle...

Hugs,
Sandy

Donna Ellis said...

This is so cute, Lisa! hugs, de

Karon said...

Fabulous card and another fabulous sentiment! TFS

Crafting Vicky said...

wow totally love how you have done the letters! Go you for sure. And I'm really impressed that you even get such a good quality image from the scanner! Great card.

Edwina said...

I'm Running behind again. Love this card. The stitching really adds to it. Love the inside. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown