Sunday, June 09, 2013

Sunday Spotlight: June 9, 2013

If you are just visiting for the first time, it is that time of week when I say a particular thank you to one of my readers acknowledging them for something thoughtful, inspiring, or mindful that they have said in one of their comments. It is not just about flattery [although that is nice sometimes too ;-) ]; it is about walking away from the comment and wanting to touch on and explore an idea they have presented.  Sometimes it might just be one or two words that they have said that reaches out and elicits a response in me.  

As a way of saying thanks, I will present this person with an advanced copy of a freebie that I promise, no one else will be able to get their hand on for at least three months and possibly longer.  Of course it might take awhile, I'm still a couple behind although several remain unclaimed.  One of them might just be you so don't forget to check each Sunday if you are in the habit of leaving comments.  Also, I still haven't had many people request the one from a few weeks ago where 113 of you were eligible.  What, you people just don't want my freebies, or what? ;-) To check and see if your name is on that list, go HERE.

Since I missed last Sunday, you are getting a two for one post with two separate comments earning recognition.  So without further ado, the comments I'm highlighting and reflecting on this week belong to...



CALYPSO

who said this:
I am laughing my tail feathers off over here!!! I did forget about those flowers, for the first card. But Sandy still posted it, since you girls did too!!1 LOL....I didn't want to targeted again, so I made sure my flower was big and noticeable!!! LOL!!! You are amazing...So glad to be on the team with you. You bring so much sunshine and joy!!! Your card is beautiful...I know your friend will love this card and the love that comes with it!! Big hugs for you as well. on Card Design: Scribbles Designs Challenge # 5 Midway Point 

What a mess that challenge was for so many of us on the Scribbles Designs team for the theme 'Celebrate Mom or a Special Woman with Flowers'.  In case you missed it, over a third of the team combined, for either the initial challenge or the midway, managed to forget those darned flowers on our cards.  If I had the ability to draw people, I would have drawn the five of us slumped over and defeated, sitting on the curb with our crafting supplies at our feet and Sandy slamming the door behind us.  I don't know what is was about those flowers that messed so many of us up!  Talk about team camaraderie, we even manage to stick together as a team when we screw up!  Thankfully our fearless leader is rather easy going and is willing to continue to put up with the lot of us!

Once more I am reminded that I am part of something bigger than just just me alone in my corner of the world.  I have co-workers of a sort again.  People who support each other and are there for each other through successes and screw-ups alike!  Thanks Calypso for reminding me of that and contributing towards an atmosphere that gives me a sense of belonging.


 the other quote I want to touch on this week belongs to...



PIA

who said this:
I love nautical themed cards, I'm born and raised by the sea and I just love the salty air, but I prefer to stand on solid ground, strangely enough... I remember a trip to the Azores - I wanted to go on a boat trip and I insisted on a full day trip instead of a 3 hour one. That meant approx 10 hours of thinking of nothing other than the film "The perfect storm". Well, nobody's perfect... This is such a great card - the design with the rectangles with sentiment, image and buttons work so well for a male design Pia on Card Design: Digi Darla's Challenges #65--Masculine

I just love how cards or other projects can create such scenes and evoke incredible memories in us when we look at the images and/or sentiments contained within them.  In Pia's case, the nautical scene of the birthday card I created brought her back to a trip from the past.  Granted, it may not have been the best memory, reliving the fear of being on the boat for so long but it did remind her once again of her love for the sea.  Good or bad, our memories makes us who we are and it is just a matter of learning the lessons contained within the experiences we encountered in our past.  It is amazing how looking at a card can bring us to those places.

Honourable mentions include:
  • Oh good grief! What a hysterical cluster of chaos...LOL. The write up had me in stitches laughing so hard. Just visualizing a third of the team on the curb...haha! Well, I've gone and used my imagination so I think your cog/sunshine shapes could second as flowers just fine. A modern flower of sorts. :) Your friend is going to really appreciate your thoughtful and kind and kind card. hugs, The other one on Card Design: Scribbles Designs Challenge # 5 Midway Point
  • What a fabulous showcase Lisa!!! Shea's work is amazing and my jaw dropped in awe that she has only been doing this a short time, I am thinking Shea was born with card making tools in her hand. Have you tried those flowers since, LOL you are so funny I laughed out loud. Have a super day my friend!! Hugs Naomi on Saturday Showcase: June 1, 2013
  • LOL!!! I am smiling from ear to ear! I LOVED reading what you said about each image! Your Bob card is genius!!! LOVE the sentiments. HAHAHA!!! My kids make up all versions of that song (thanks to the M&M commercial that is all they know of it ;) They will walk around singing "I'm Awesome and I Know it!" HAAHAHA!!! Your coloring on the sky is amazing!!! and I LOVE the look of water. SO cute!!! Sending many smiles to you on this beautiful Monday morning. Heather on DT Post: June New Digi Release Over at Fresh Brewed Designs
  • Thank you for showcasing Shea's work Lisa. I can see that I can learn ALOT from looking through her blog. I've learnt a fair bit just looking at the cards you've showcased here. on Saturday Showcase: June 1, 2013
  • Oh my GOODNESS, I'm fresh back from The Wedding, somewhat rested up, and now I'm reading the most wonderful post about my work. Er, play. You are too kind, Sweetie. Your post is funny, endearing, ever so humbling and truly appreciated, and you are welcome any time to come visit my blog! And you give me way too much credit for my earlier work. You've seen my very first card - it's a disaster. The coffee rose was from the earlier days, though, before I discovered fun stuff like sketches and challenges, etc. :) Thank you again for such a kind and generous post showcasing my work. I am honored and humbled to call you friend. HUGS!!! Shea on Saturday Showcase: June 1, 2013


Thank you everyone for your continued support of my blog.  Please know just how much all your comments mean to me.   Always know that I read every single one and respond when I can. Without you spending some of your valuable time coming over and leaving me comments, there would no incentive to continue doing what I'm doing!  So as always, thanks from the bottom of my heart for your continued support. 

Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead!

Until next time, 
 

4 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

Yup that was too funny! Can't believe we messed up that challenge so very much lol ;)

Desire Fourie said...

Now that is true unity within a design team, standing together in times of oopses lol.
{I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Larelyn said...

Hi Lisa,
As I've said, I love the idea of your Sunday spotlight. It really reminds me how important comments can be, but also how much fun and joy they can bring by uniting the crafters, either with a funny story to share or a flash back in the memory bank. Although very few of us actually meet, we are untied and become friends through our posts and comments.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Edwina said...

I was reading this post. It made me laugh. You are so funny sometimes. I could just picture what you were describing. It sounds like you and your team mates are good friends. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown