Friday, June 28, 2013

Card Design: San's Design New Release Preview Two

 
Hello Everyone!  It is almost time for the second part of the June new releases which will be coming out tomorrow over at Sans Design.

This time I have worked with a wonderful new image of a young girl.  I don't often work with strictly people.  I've done people with poses or something else going on in the image but I don't know that I have ever just done a profile kind of pic; so, it was time I branch out and try it.  I'm so glad I did.

Here is the watermark of the image I used.  You will be able to get your hands on it Saturday...

SN00183 - Sweetheart
Here are the card and details.  I hope that I haven't forgotten anything...

 FRONT

 Digital Images:
  • Sweetheart:  I coloured this image mostly with Copics using E000, E00, E02 & R20 for her skin; E31, E33, E39 for her hair; and, B93 for her eyes, barrette and shading on Sweetheart's top.  
  • The actual top she is wearing was paper pieced using the Bloom Kit designed by Rachel Dickson from ComputerScrapbook.com.  The background paper is the same as the one I used for the top.  The frame around this young maiden and the buttons are also from this same Bloom kit.  I fussy cut the buttons out and added some cross stitch thread to give them a bit of dimension.

INSIDE

 Digital Images:
  • The background paper used on the inside and the buttons are, of course, from the Bloom kit as well.  
Digital Sentiment:
  • I thought that this was the perfect sentiment for the expression on the young girl's face.  The sentiment is another great freebie I picked up over at Create With TLC.  Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store. 

OVERALL 

Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Paper:  Both the strip of blue on the front and used as a shadow inside, along with the strip of multi-colour flecked white are both Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.  I used a punch to achieve the edging effect on the white one. 
Challenges I hope to enter include:
Some more challenges may be added to this list later this week and/or month.

I am so glad you have had the chance to stop by and check out my latest creation.  Don't forget to stop by tomorrow when I will present the remaining new releases.

Your place to go for amazing digital designs and card inspiration!


4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Stunning Lisa. Love how you have repeated the colours in the buttons. The twine in the buttons really makes it.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Crafting Vicky said...

WOW love this card. Awesome layout and loving the colors!!!

Karon said...

Fabulous card, fabulous image and amazing colouring. Love the inside sentiment! TFS and have a great weekend.

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, Your card is so pretty. Love the sentiment you used. I love the buttons and the corner pieces. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown