Thursday, April 18, 2013

Card Design: Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge #3-First Card

Once again, it is time to submit my cards for the Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge.  This will be one of two posts.  I'd love to combine them but all the linkies are so particular and won't let you submit two images from the one post.  All the preamble will be here and the next post will simply be card details.

So here we go... 

Each month Lady Anne hosts a progressive Christmas Challenge where we get two images to play with.  As long as we submit a card with at least one of them, we are eligible to receive two more the next month.  Quite the deal isn't it?  She is trying it out for six months to see how it goes.  I hope it is a success, because this is certainly one incentive to help me stay ahead of the Christmas card panic!  So far I have six cards in the pot.  Of course I'm giving away half of them as a present to my momma so she can send them out next year but three is still farther ahead than I was at the beginning of December last year.

This month the sponsor is Anji's Antics.  


Here is the front of my card...


Here is the inside...


General Notes:
  • It is kind of funny that I end up having to create a card with this particular image.  For any of you who follow me regularly, you might remember a Saturday Showcase back in December where I actually showcased this free image from Anji as my free digital image choice.  It is my favourite of all of Anji's images.  If you are new and interested in that showcase you can check it out HERE. Pssst....actually if you head to that post and click on the post name of Anji's where I originally saw this free image, you can still get it for free. Just sayin'....
  • Woo, hoo.  I finally got me some chalks as part of my birthday present.  Let's see how much I can create using them.  For starters I'm using them for backgrounds in these two Christmas cards. 
 Digital Image:
  • Copic markers used--Moose: E31, E33, E39 (fur); R20, R22, R24 (inside ears); B32, B34, R20, R22, Y11, Y13, G02 (string of lights). Ground: BG70, BG72 (using the palette transfer method) and the colourless blender (CB). Sky: medium blue pastel (chalk) from Faber-Castell.
Digital Sentiment:
  • May your day be merry and bright (inside):  This is a sentiment that I created for one of my holiday handouts back in December.  If you missed it and would like a copy of it you can click HERE to go to the original post.  Be sure to read the terms and note that this particular image is for PUO since it was created using another artist's image.  
  • This sentiment was just the perfect choice.  You'd almost think the image was created to match the rest of the card.  I was lucky that the lights were a great match to the lights on the antlers and the fact that I still had a strip of DP with the words merry and bright on it.  Serendipity working in a card.
Paper Products:
  • Card Base and shadow for inside sentiment: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, red.  I finally got me some red cardstock.  Yee haw!  Perfect for the backdrop of many Christmas cards.
  • Designer Papers:  Striped paper (front & inside)--Recollections Bright Christmas Cardstock Paper.  The red strip at the bottom on the front with the text was cut from a paper within this pad as well.
Embellishments:
  • None.  I've decided to keep this card clean and simple because I might be sending it to a charity that sends cards to sick children.  Stay tuned--you'll be learning more about this charity very soon.
Challenges I hope to enter:

I may add to this list throughout the week and or month.

Now, I'm headed to post number two.  See you again in a few minutes!





14 comments:

Suze said...

Lovely card Lisa. I'm with you in that I hope that Lady Anne continues with these challenges. Hope you are enjoying playing with your chalks.

kel Acopan said...

This is a super cute Christmas card... I am trying to stay ahead of the game and do my Christmas cards throughout the year too! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp 'n' Doodle!!

lovies, =o) kel
Stamp 'n' Doodle DT

Anonymous said...

First of all this card is awesome & I love the coloring. Now, thank you very much. You are the reason I was able to pick up the Freebie at MelonHeadz b/c I have been so busy I haven't had time to go to all of the places like I usually do. You are the reason I found out I won at FBD! You have done SO much to help me out. I need to do something to help you when this move is over. You also reminded me of the Progressive Christmas Challenge. I need to get it done too. I've been trying to get all of the May DT work done so I can put it on automatic post. I think Sunday is probably my last day on the computer for a while at least to spend as much time a day as I normally do. (Or else I won't have my scrap room packed!) LOL Hugs~Patti

Confiseries Papier said...

Adorable, what a great holiday image. Thanks for visiting us at 613 Avenue Create.

Crafting Vicky said...

Totally awesome card. I really love the DP you have used as well. How wonderful to now be able to use some chalks ;)

Edwina said...

So adorable! I love the sentiments you used. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Desire Fourie said...

Awesome card, and the deer is precious with those lights that got stuck in his horns. Beautiful colours once again. Love the sentiment on the inside.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Hazel said...

Super merry and bright card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for April – hope to see you again soon. x

Sharon said...

Great card love the colors and coloring. Thanks for joining us for Lady Anne's Christmas Progressive Challenge.

In paper heaven said...

Adorable!! What more is there to say.
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES
Loretta, CDAC-DT

NanaConnie said...

Love how you've colored this darling moose, Lisa! Didn't you just love him? OK, time for my DT hat -- So happy to see you playing along with us in our "Sketch/Anything Goes" challenge at 613 Avenue Create. Good luck in the challenge.
NanaConnie DT

Deepti Stephens said...

Cute card! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp n doodle. Good luck! :)

3 Artsy Grams said...

Lisa- Thank you so much for making my Chris-moose come alive...and thanks for thw support ad links to my blog....you ROCK!

Helen said...

A great card - love that image!

Thanks for joining CHNC.

Helen x
(GDT Member)