Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Card Design: San's Designs Easter Card


Today I have another image from San's Designs to share with you.  Well, actually two since both the digital image and the sentiment are both from San's fabulous Easter collection.


Here is the front of the card...



Here is the inside...

 
General Details:
  • I followed the following sketch for the card.


Image Details:
  •  Incubating BunnyI have relied once again on an image from San's new pre-coloured digis kit.  If you are ever stuck and in a hurry, these pre-coloured digi stamps are a great time saver.  Just print, cut and paste and you're done!  If you'd like a copy of this adorable pre-coloured image, just click on the image below and it will take you to the purchase page in San's Store.  This kit comes with all the images you see below.  Now, if you are interested in Incubating Bunny but would like to colour him yourself, you can go HERE in the store for the black and white version.

  • I printed out the image and fussy cut it.  I then only pasted down the head and body because I wanted the image to have more of a three dimensional look to it.

Digital Sentiment:
  • Happy EasterOn the inside of the card I used one of the new Easter sentiments from San's new freebie.  If you haven't already, make sure that you go and get your free sentiment set over at San's Designs before it is put into the store.  Clicking on the image below will take you to the post it was introduced in.

 
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Papers:  I'm afraid that everything used on this card is from my scraps folder so I don't know off the top of my head which paper pads they are from.  My guess is that they are all Recollections. I can tell you that the blue is definitely from one of the Recollection cardstock collections, I just don't remember which one.
  • I've layered the grass in three different strips.  I pasted a solid strip of the green DP in the background.  Next, I took a strip and cut wisps into it using small scissors and layered it on.  Finally, I took the last strip, did the same thing to it and layered it slightly lower.  I then fanned out the grass using my fingertips.
Ribbon:
  • Yellow ribbon--Offray from Michael's.
 Embellishments:
  • Buttons from our stash.  I did something new.  I coloured the two smaller buttons with a Copic marker.  I think it was G02 (or G05).  I've read about other people doing it and so I tried it because I just couldn't find anything to match with the cool darker green button in the middle. 
Challenge I am hoping to enter this digital design into:

I am so glad you have had the chance to stop by and also hope you get the chance to go and grab up this awesome freebie sentiment that San has available.  While you are there, why not pop into the store and see what other fabulous designs you can find.  There are a lot available right now to help you out with all your Easter needs!  With Easter coming up this weekend, her pre-coloured Easter digis may be just the thing to help you out!



Your place to go for amazing digital designs and card inspiration!


Until next time,








11 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is adorable Lisa. Love the clouds behind the cute bunny.
Just to let you know I have used another of your wonderful sentiments on my current design team project for DigiStamps4Joy. So hop on over to my blog. I would love to hear what you think.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Crafting Vicky said...

Super cute!!!! Love the grass that you have added. Great touch.

chrissy xx said...

What a cute little bunny he is guarding his Easter egg..LOve your 'grass' and this pretty design. Thank you soooo much for joining us at Digi Haven.
Chrissyxx
LOve the inside of your card too..

ike said...

OMGoodness - aren't they just the cutest thing ?? YaY - love them and the card is adorable :-)
Huggies
IKE xxxx

Pia S said...

Such a sweet Easter card, Lisa! I like the detail of the grass and the background with the clouds is perfect for creating a scene. Cute!

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at Love to create. xxx

Unknown said...

Hazel,
those 3 buttons on the 3 banners as well as the pastel colors make this a very soft Easter card.
Thank you for posting with us at Word Art Wednesday; we love seeing your wonderful work and we appreciate you taking time to join us.
I pray abundant Easter Blessings for you and your loved ones.
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Creative Genie said...

Lisa, You have been very busy. What a great group of cards you've shared with us! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES.

Christine - CDAC DT

Karen Letchworth said...

Another sweet card, Lisa. You always have something fun and creative to share, and I'm so grateful to have you play along. Hope you're having an awesome weekend!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Mian said...

Hi there Lisa! Wow, what a lovely Easter card you have created, love how the "grass" looks-fab detail! Wonderful design and the image is absolutely adorable.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Hugs Mian
Love to Create Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Deanne Saunders said...

Cute card!!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~